The lean-to shed gives its fortunate possessor many additional opportunities:
- there is no need for constant opening of garage doors, if you just want to protect your car from precipitation and sunlight;
- there is a parking place for your guests;
- the space under the lean-to can be used as the area for car repairs or household unit;
- it is the place where you can bring the table and rest with friends. In such a way, the lean-to changes to the summer-house.
Building the garage roof of the shed construction, take into account that the lean-to shed must look harmonious and be solid. The framing is made of metal, and the cover- of cellular and monolithic polycarbonate. The multilayer transparent plastic provides heat- and fire-resistance, high firmness, permeability to light, lightness, noise- and acoustic insulation.
The modern lean-to shed of polycarbonate is popular among the drivers. It has the following advantages:
- its making is inexpensive;
- the leak-tightness and reliability of the building are assured;
- its installation doesn’t require special equipment;
- if necessary, it can be easily transferred to the other place.
Polycarbonate sheet support a snow load up to 240 kg/m2.
They’re also highly resistant to the temperature drop. Another important advantage with relation to the design is that there are sheets of different colors.
There are several kinds of leans-to. The polycarbonate shed can have single-ended, double-ended or arched lean-to. It is usually designed in the form of arch. The walls are mounted optionally.
The ways of bike storage in the shed
- Fastening-lift. 2 holders with blocks with a thrown rope are fastened to the ceiling. Another 2 blocks, equipped with the hooks for wheel and saddle, hang loose on the rope. Just pull on the free end of the rope, and the bike will rocket to the ceiling. It is comfortable, fast and suitable for any kind of bike. However, you’ll have to take a lot of trouble, fastening the holders to the ceiling.
- Wall racks. They represent the holders, fastened to the wall with several hook sets at different heights. The rubber-coated hooks are usually intended for the installation of the capping rail of bicycle frame. But it can be difficult to fasten women’s and folding bike models, as they lack capping rail, and the trick bike with its beveled frame. The usual fastening also doesn’t fit for two- suspender bikes. But in general, this option allows storing the bikes of the whole cyclists’ family.
- Hook under the wheel is the name of the whole class of devices, intended for holding the bike not by the frame, but by the wheels. On the one hand, it allows minimizing the occupy space: the bike hangs vertically. So, a half-dozen of bikes can be located in the small corner. On the other side, this option isn’t suitable for all bike models (especially or the ones, equipped with hydraulic brakes). And the local wheel load doesn’t improve its symmetry.
There were only a few examples, illustrating the principle. There is no real reason why you can’t invent the new ways of bike storage in the shed. Perhaps, your idea will be the next hit in this field.