It is safe to say, that the ceiling is the culmination of the interior decoration of any accommodation. Not so long ago the problem of adjusting the ceiling surface irregularities was insoluble. But now it is very easy to amend such situation.
Drop ceilings are ceiling constructions, whose strength members are fasten directly to the basic ceiling. This is the main difference between drop and suspended ceiling (whose strength members are fastened to the basic construction). This peculiarity of the drop ceiling allows diminishing floor-to-ceiling height only by the thickness of its frame. According to the materials, used in construction of the drop ceilings system, they are divided into two groups:
- gypsum panel ceilings
- finishing decorative panel ceilings (wood particle board, fiberboard, medium density fiberboard, etc.)
The most popular materials for making drop ceilings are:
- Expanded polystyrene plates. This material is heat- and sound- insulating and moisture-proof. It creates comfortable microclimate in any accommodation.
- Decorative plates from wood particle board and fiberboard, covered with natural wood veneer.
- Plastic panels. Such panels have no disadvantages: they are light, firm, waterproof and stylish designed.
- Gypsum cardboard panels. Gypsum cardboard is the most common material for making drop ceilings. It is extremely heat- and sound- insulating.